JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
Provides office support to all WRSSC staff and carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, billing, scanning etc. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative duties and expediting work results. Makes travel arrangements for WRSSC staff such as booking hotel’s and conference reservations.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, ordering supplies, PO & Accounts Payable etc.
- Makes travel arrangements and School Business Leave for staff such as booking hotel stays and conference reservations.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 2 years of administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 205-day contract 7.5 hour day following CCSC School Calendar
Contact for Questions:
WRSSC Director – Jodie Akinbo